What do you look for in a good graphics card?
I am building a gaming PC soon i have everything else picked you but i dont know a thing about graphics cards im looking or something that can run games like bioshock infinite and maybe battlefield 4 that wont break the bank im not looking to spend over 300$Is my build good so far? Computer specs: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler (for overclocking) Asus SABERTOOTH Z87 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case Corsair RM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer
- NVIDIA, Select and compare graphics cards using the interactive tool below: http://www.nvidia.com/content/HelpMeChoose/fx2/HelpMeChoose.asp?lang=en-us
- For best fit with you pc, you have the following suggestions:
If you found the 770 with a good price, go for it, its pretty decent.
Im not really a fan with AMD, i just dont love them. But feel free to check them too if you want, but for me Nvidia is the best.
- I am yet to run into somebody on this site who isn't a huge Nvidia fanboy. They make good products, but so does AMD, usually for cheaper. For under $300 USD, the R9 270x is a great choice. If you want to go with Nvidia, there is the GTX 760 for under $300.
- I noticed that you listed an awesome overclocking board and an aftermarket cooler in intend to overclock. You did one mistake, you selected processor that can't be overclocked. Look for the K after the numbers in the name of the processor. Like 4570K. Let's talk about the GPU. Generally when you look for the GPU's you look mostly for the reviews (Tom's Hardware, PCPartPicker, NewEgg...) and for benchmarks Don't let fanboys convince you that AMD sucks and nVidia is best. They are both good, otherwise, if AMD is so bad, why it got 40% market share. I must admit that you are quite unlucky. You see recently AMD's cards went crazy in prices, because of the litecoin mining. So my recommendation is this card. It's about 250$.
http://www.microcenter.com/product/416464/N760_TF_2GD5-OC_NVIDIA_GeForce_GTX_760_2048MB_GDDR5_PCIe_30_x16_Video_Card If you can stretch you budget to something like 320$ you can have GTX 770 which is about 20% better (That means a lot in gaming and in durability of card)
- Get a 270x or 7970. Amd cards tend to be cheaper and have better balanced amounts of ram. Nvidia cards tend to skimp on ram so they can make ludicrously expensive versions with double the ram. Most people on this site are nvidia fanboys. I've owned cards from both companies, and have had far fewer (see none) with amd. Every nvidia card I've come across has had problems within a year. When I say come across, I mean me and people I know.
Also, I need to amend Luka's comment. It's bitcoin, not litecoin.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers