I am building a gaming pc for the first time and i wanted to get some opinions about some of the hardware i have choice. Are the following good for gaming at medium settings and at good prices. Also what operating system would you recommend to use. ~CASE -Cooler master HAF 912 RC-912 KKN1 ( 59.99 ) ~CPU/PROCCESSER -AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb ( 94.99 ) ~Motherboard -GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard (127.99) ~Power supply - RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-530SS 530W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Power Supply, New Version with Build-in LED Fan On/Off Switch ( 39.99 ) ~Video Card -XFX Double D FX-785A-CDFC Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card ( 199.99 ) ~RAM -G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL ( 69.99 ) ~Optical Drive - ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - OEM ( 19.99 ) ~Hard Drives - Western Digital WD Blue WD2500AAKX 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - OEM ( 57.99 ) Thanks for any help.
The only PSU brands I would ever recommend or buy include:
* Be Quiet
* Cooler Master
* Corsair - CX Series is good, great value for budget builds
* Fractal Design
* OCZ (newer units, no XStreams, those are really bad)
* PC Power & Cooling
* XFX - Entire line is very high quality and doesn't cost too much compared to Corsair's TX/HX/AX series, both made by Seasonic. For PSUs >$60 I would always go XFX, otherwise a CX Series.
All the others I wouldn't touch with a ten foot poll, like just google Raidmax power supplies, they're just really poorly made power supplies.
This is what I think you should do: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1bVWa
For almost the same price that improves on pretty much everything. Benefits include:
* Haswell i5 > X4 965 by a longshot. Newer technology, same with the board too.
* Larger & faster hard drive. 1TB > 250GB | 200MB/s > 100MB/s sequential reads/writes
* GTX 660 > HD 7850, more performance better drivers/software
* 350D > HAF 912 in terms of quality, I mean like it costs more so of course.
Corsair and Cooler Master both make good cases, so there's nothing wrong with the HAF 912, it's just that I really like the 350D and it's an mATX case so it goes well with the board.
Hope this helps you with your new system build!